Avon reports 4th-quarter loss but sells more items
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Avon on Tuesday reported a net quarterly loss of $162.2 million, or 37 cents per share, compared to a loss of $400,000, or nil per share a year ago, and the cosmetics direct seller said revenue fell 1 percent to $3 billion a year earlier.
But in a sign of improvement in its business, Avon said it sold 2 percent more items in the quarter, and the number of sales representatives rose 1 percent.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |