Avon reports 4th-quarter loss but sells more items
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Avon on Tuesday reported a net quarterly loss of $162.2 million, or 37 cents per share, compared to a loss of $400,000, or nil per share a year ago, and the cosmetics direct seller said revenue fell 1 percent to $3 billion a year earlier.
But in a sign of improvement in its business, Avon said it sold 2 percent more items in the quarter, and the number of sales representatives rose 1 percent.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone