Banca Transilvania 2012 net profit up 40 pct y/y
BUCHAREST Feb 12 (Reuters) - Romanian lender Banca Transilvania reported a net profit of 320.4 million lei ($97.5 million) for last year on Tuesday, up 40 percent from 2011.
The figure compares with a forecast of 324 million lei in a Reuters poll. The bank also said net provisions stood at 379.4 million lei in 2012.
"We will propose to our shareholders to capitalise the profit in order to continue the bank's growth," Horia Ciorcila, president of the bank's board of directors said in a statement.
Banca Transilvania reported its results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). ($1 = 3.2867 Romanian lei) (Reporting by Ioana Patran; Editing by Sam Cage)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work