UPDATE 1-BlackRock names Morgan Stanley banker as CFO
Feb 12 (Reuters) - BlackRock Inc, the world's largest money manager, named Morgan Stanley's Gary Shedlin as its next chief financial officer to succeed Ann Marie Petach.
Shedlin, who is currently vice chairman-investment banking at Morgan Stanley, has been a long-term adviser to BlackRock and served the company on most of its significant strategic transactions.
He has previously worked with Citigroup and Lazard Ltd .
Shedlin will join the company on March 11 and work with Petach until the company reports its current-quarter results.
Petach is joining BlackRock Solutions as a senior managing director, the company said.
BlackRock shares closed at $238.86 on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message