UPDATE 1-BlackRock names Morgan Stanley banker as CFO
Feb 12 (Reuters) - BlackRock Inc, the world's largest money manager, named Morgan Stanley's Gary Shedlin as its next chief financial officer to succeed Ann Marie Petach.
Shedlin, who is currently vice chairman-investment banking at Morgan Stanley, has been a long-term adviser to BlackRock and served the company on most of its significant strategic transactions.
He has previously worked with Citigroup and Lazard Ltd .
Shedlin will join the company on March 11 and work with Petach until the company reports its current-quarter results.
Petach is joining BlackRock Solutions as a senior managing director, the company said.
BlackRock shares closed at $238.86 on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday.
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- UPDATE 8-U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports