UPDATE 1-BlackRock names Morgan Stanley banker as CFO
Feb 12 (Reuters) - BlackRock Inc, the world's largest money manager, named Morgan Stanley's Gary Shedlin as its next chief financial officer to succeed Ann Marie Petach.
Shedlin, who is currently vice chairman-investment banking at Morgan Stanley, has been a long-term adviser to BlackRock and served the company on most of its significant strategic transactions.
He has previously worked with Citigroup and Lazard Ltd .
Shedlin will join the company on March 11 and work with Petach until the company reports its current-quarter results.
Petach is joining BlackRock Solutions as a senior managing director, the company said.
BlackRock shares closed at $238.86 on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |