Carney says Canada in a very different position from Britain
OTTAWA Feb 12 (Reuters) - Incoming Bank of England Governor Mark Carney, who currently heads the Bank of Canada, said on Tuesday Canada was in a very different financial position from Britain.
"Here in Canada we are in a very different position than that in the United Kingdom. We don't have large public and private indebtedness, we are not at zero lower bound (interest rates), we don't have the problems in the financial sector that exist over there," he told Canada's House of Commons finance committee.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease