Cliffs Natural posts loss as revenue drops, cuts payout
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Cliffs Natural Resources Inc reported lower revenue and a quarterly loss on Tuesday, and slashed its dividend by 76 percent.
The miner, which produces iron ore and metallurgical coal, said its earnings were hurt in part by a $1 billion writedown announced in January.
The company reported a loss of $1.62 billion, or $11.36 a share, compared with a profit of $185.4 million, or $1.30, a year earlier. Revenue fell to $1.42 billion from $1.53 billion.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data