Netflix, DreamWorks Animation team up for original kids show
(Reuters) - Video streaming service Netflix Inc will add to its original programming slate later this year with a children's series based on the upcoming DreamWorks Animation movie "Turbo."
The series called "Turbo: F.A.S.T" will debut exclusively on Netflix in December, the companies said in a statement on Tuesday. The Netflix series will follow the release of big-screen 3D movie "Turbo," which is set to reach theaters July 19.
"Turbo" features the voices of Ryan Reynolds and Paul Giamatti in the story of a snail that gains super-fast powers after a freak accident. The Netflix series will pick up where the movie leaves off.
Netflix is trying to gain new subscribers with a handful of original series including the just-released Kevin Spacey drama "House of Cards." "Turbo: F.A.S.T" will be the first Netflix original series for children.
DreamWorks Animation is the movie studio behind the "Shrek" and "Kung Fu Panda" franchises.
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.