REFILE-SEC faces legal challenge on approval for JPMorgan's copper ETF
NEW YORK Feb 12 (Reuters) - U.S. copper fabricators Southwire Co and Encore Wire Corp are launching a legal challenge against the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission approval of JPMorgan Chase & Co's controversial, physically-backed copper exchange traded fund (ETF).
In a notice of appeal filed with the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington D.C. on Tuesday, the companies asked the court to review the SEC's ruling from Dec. 14 that gave the go ahead for the copper ETF that they say will inflate copper prices and distort supplies.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape