REFILE-SEC faces legal challenge on approval for JPMorgan's copper ETF
NEW YORK Feb 12 (Reuters) - U.S. copper fabricators Southwire Co and Encore Wire Corp are launching a legal challenge against the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission approval of JPMorgan Chase & Co's controversial, physically-backed copper exchange traded fund (ETF).
In a notice of appeal filed with the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington D.C. on Tuesday, the companies asked the court to review the SEC's ruling from Dec. 14 that gave the go ahead for the copper ETF that they say will inflate copper prices and distort supplies.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks