CORRECTED-GE says to sell remaining 49 percent stake in NBC to Comcast
(Corrects amount of deal to $16.7 billion, not $18.1 billion)
BOSTON Feb 12 (Reuters) - General Electric Co said on Tuesday that it would sell the remainder of its stake in NBC Universal to Comcast Corp for $16.7 billion in cash, debt and stock.
The largest U.S. conglomerate said it had raised its authorized stock buyback to $35 billion and plans to buy back $10 billion worth of shares in 2013. (Reporting By Scott Malone; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin