EURO GOVT-Spanish, Italian yields extend fall
LONDON Feb 12 (Reuters) - Spanish and Italian government bond yields extended their fall on Tuesday as investors were lured back in after a recent sell-off fuelled by political risk which had cheapened the bonds.
Ten-year Spanish government bond yields were down 13 basis points on the day at 5.31 percent. Ten-year Italian yields fell 11 bps to 4.50 percent.
"We've had some decent buying, mainly domestics in Spain," one trader said.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey