CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher; lifted by energy shares, Nexen
TORONTO, Feb 12 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed higher on Tuesday, led by an energy sector that was supported by higher oil prices and a gain in Nexen Inc after U.S. regulators approved a $15.1 billion takeover of the oil and gas company. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 40.87 points, or 0.32 percent, at 12,789.02. Seven of the 10 main sectors on the index advanced.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal