CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher; lifted by energy shares, Nexen
TORONTO, Feb 12 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed higher on Tuesday, led by an energy sector that was supported by higher oil prices and a gain in Nexen Inc after U.S. regulators approved a $15.1 billion takeover of the oil and gas company. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 40.87 points, or 0.32 percent, at 12,789.02. Seven of the 10 main sectors on the index advanced.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.