- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Seoul shares edges higher; Samsung Elec climbs
SEOUL Feb 12 (Reuters) - South Korean shares edged up in early trade on Tuesday, extending gains after strong data fron China late last week.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.2 percent at 1,955.11 points at 0002 GMT. Tech heavyweight Samsung Electronics rose 1.2 percent.
Investors await a euro zone ministers' meeting and the U.S. president's State of the Union address.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this