Seoul shares edges higher; Samsung Elec climbs
SEOUL Feb 12 (Reuters) - South Korean shares edged up in early trade on Tuesday, extending gains after strong data fron China late last week.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.2 percent at 1,955.11 points at 0002 GMT. Tech heavyweight Samsung Electronics rose 1.2 percent.
Investors await a euro zone ministers' meeting and the U.S. president's State of the Union address.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |