Seoul shares edges higher; Samsung Elec climbs
SEOUL Feb 12 (Reuters) - South Korean shares edged up in early trade on Tuesday, extending gains after strong data fron China late last week.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.2 percent at 1,955.11 points at 0002 GMT. Tech heavyweight Samsung Electronics rose 1.2 percent.
Investors await a euro zone ministers' meeting and the U.S. president's State of the Union address.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections