Netflix, DreamWorks Animation team up for original kids show
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Video streaming service Netflix Inc will add to its original programming slate later this year with a children's series based on the upcoming DreamWorks Animation movie "Turbo."
The series called "Turbo: F.A.S.T" will debut exclusively on Netflix in December, the companies said in a statement on Tuesday. The Netflix series will follow the release of big-screen 3D movie "Turbo," which is set to reach theaters July 19.
"Turbo" features the voices of Ryan Reynolds and Paul Giamatti in the story of a snail that gains super-fast powers after a freak accident. The Netflix series will pick up where the movie leaves off.
Netflix is trying to gain new subscribers with a handful of original series including the just-released Kevin Spacey drama "House of Cards." "Turbo: F.A.S.T" will be the first Netflix original series for children.
DreamWorks Animation is the movie studio behind the "Shrek" and "Kung Fu Panda" franchises.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter