Netflix, DreamWorks Animation team up for original kids show
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Video streaming service Netflix Inc will add to its original programming slate later this year with a children's series based on the upcoming DreamWorks Animation movie "Turbo."
The series called "Turbo: F.A.S.T" will debut exclusively on Netflix in December, the companies said in a statement on Tuesday. The Netflix series will follow the release of big-screen 3D movie "Turbo," which is set to reach theaters July 19.
"Turbo" features the voices of Ryan Reynolds and Paul Giamatti in the story of a snail that gains super-fast powers after a freak accident. The Netflix series will pick up where the movie leaves off.
Netflix is trying to gain new subscribers with a handful of original series including the just-released Kevin Spacey drama "House of Cards." "Turbo: F.A.S.T" will be the first Netflix original series for children.
DreamWorks Animation is the movie studio behind the "Shrek" and "Kung Fu Panda" franchises.
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak