India investigating kickbacks in Finmeccanica deal- defence ministry source
NEW DELHI Feb 12 (Reuters) - India is investigating the payment of kickbacks linked to the purchase of a dozen helicopters from Italian state-controlled defence group Finmeccanica and could put off the deal, an Indian Defence Ministry official said.
The official, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the information, said 40 million rupee ($744,000) kickbacks were under investigation by Indian law enforcement agencies.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |