Live Demonstration: Valentine`s Day Mylar Balloon Safety
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
http://pdf.reuters.com/htmlnews/8knews.asp?i=43059c3bf0e37541&u=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20130212:nBw125234a http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130212005234/en --(Business Wire)-- Southern California Edison: WHAT: Mylar balloons make great Valentine`s Day gifts, if properly tied down. See what happens when helium-filled metallic balloons are not correctly weighted down. Southern California Edison (SCE) representatives will provide a demonstration using live electricity coming into contact with Mylar balloons. WHEN: 10 a.m.-11 a.m., Feb. 12 WHERE: Southern California Edison 1218 S. Fifth Ave., Monrovia, CA 91016 EHS Conference Room (SCE representatives will greet media in the front lobby) WHO: Laurence Pena, Safety Liaison Manager, will be providing a live demo. BACKGROUND: • In the last several years, SCE has experienced close to 2,000 power outages caused by balloons. • In 2012, there were 583 balloon-related outages, with a 110 percent increase in outages in February compared to January. • The number of outages in 2012 was the highest since 2007. PARKING: Street parking is available Southern California Edison Caroline Aoyagi-Stom,(626) 302-2255 Copyright Business Wire 2013
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner