Italy regulator bans short-selling of Finmeccanica shares
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy's market watchdog Consob said on Tuesday it had banned short selling on shares of defense group Finmeccanica (SIFI.MI) on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Earlier on Tuesday Italian police arrested the head of Finmeccanica in a corruption probe centered on the sale of helicopters to the Indian government.
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter