Japan's Aso: G7 recognizes Japan steps not aimed at affecting FX
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso welcomed a statement released by the Group of Seven nations on Tuesday saying that the group recognizes Japan's policy steps are not aimed at affecting foreign exchange markets.
"It was meaningful for us as (the G7) properly recognizes that steps we are taking to beat deflation are not aimed at influencing currency markets," Aso told reporters.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease