Italy's Finmeccanica calls Wednesday board meeting after arrest
ROME (Reuters) - The board of Finmeccanica SpA (SIFI.MI) will meet on Wednesday to discuss how to limit the impact on its business of a judicial probe that has seen the arrest of its chief executive, the Italian defense group said in a statement on Tuesday.
The meeting at 17:00 GMT will decide "the most appropriate measures regarding governance of the company", it said.
"The company confirms that the operating activities and ongoing projects of the company will continue as usual in order to limit the impact from today's judicial activities on, amongst other things, the disposals process underway," it said.
The heavily indebted group is seeking to sell its AnsaldoEnergia power engineering business to focus on its core aerospace and defense activities and avoid a costly credit rating downgrade.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |