Retail sector weighs on U.S. job openings in December
WASHINGTON Feb 12 (Reuters) - A steep decline in retail job vacancies pulled down the number of jobs open in the United States in December, a government report showed on Tuesday.
Job openings - a measure of labor demand - slipped to 3.6 million from 3.8 million in November, the Labor Department said in its monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey.
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act