AMR creditors approve American-US Air merger -sources
Feb 13 (Reuters) - The unsecured creditors committee of bankrupt American Airlines parent AMR Corp has approved an $11 billion merger with US Airways Group Inc , sources familiar with the situation said on Wednesday.
The deal will be announced Thursday, the sources said, assuming the boards of both companies approve it Wednesday night. AMR's unsecured creditors will be made whole under the terms of the deal and also get accrued interest, they added.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |