AMR creditors approve American-US Air merger -sources
Feb 13 (Reuters) - The unsecured creditors committee of bankrupt American Airlines parent AMR Corp has approved an $11 billion merger with US Airways Group Inc , sources familiar with the situation said on Wednesday.
The deal will be announced Thursday, the sources said, assuming the boards of both companies approve it Wednesday night. AMR's unsecured creditors will be made whole under the terms of the deal and also get accrued interest, they added.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source