Applied Materials profit falls 71 pct
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Chip gear maker Applied Materials' first-quarter profit fell 71 percent, hurt by lower orders.
Net income fell to $34 million, or 3 cents per share, from $117 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier. Excluding items the company earned 6 cents per share.
Revenue fell 28 percent to $1.57 billion.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion