Applied Materials profit falls 71 pct
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Chip gear maker Applied Materials' first-quarter profit fell 71 percent, hurt by lower orders.
Net income fell to $34 million, or 3 cents per share, from $117 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier. Excluding items the company earned 6 cents per share.
Revenue fell 28 percent to $1.57 billion.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea