Applied Materials profit falls 71 pct
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Chip gear maker Applied Materials' first-quarter profit fell 71 percent, hurt by lower orders.
Net income fell to $34 million, or 3 cents per share, from $117 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier. Excluding items the company earned 6 cents per share.
Revenue fell 28 percent to $1.57 billion.
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels