EOG Resources has quarterly loss on big writedown
Feb 13 (Reuters) - EOG Resources Inc on Wednesday reported a quarterly loss compared with a year-ago profit, as it wrote down the value of Canadian natural gas assets.
The Houston company reported a fourth-quarter loss of $505 million, or $1.88 per share compared with a profit of $120.7 million, or 45 cents per share in the same period.
EOG also said it expects to spend $7 billion to $7.2 billion this year, below the $7.6 billion it spent in 2012.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |