EOG Resources has quarterly loss on big writedown
Feb 13 (Reuters) - EOG Resources Inc on Wednesday reported a quarterly loss compared with a year-ago profit, as it wrote down the value of Canadian natural gas assets.
The Houston company reported a fourth-quarter loss of $505 million, or $1.88 per share compared with a profit of $120.7 million, or 45 cents per share in the same period.
EOG also said it expects to spend $7 billion to $7.2 billion this year, below the $7.6 billion it spent in 2012.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions