EOG Resources has quarterly loss on big writedown
Feb 13 (Reuters) - EOG Resources Inc on Wednesday reported a quarterly loss compared with a year-ago profit, as it wrote down the value of Canadian natural gas assets.
The Houston company reported a fourth-quarter loss of $505 million, or $1.88 per share compared with a profit of $120.7 million, or 45 cents per share in the same period.
EOG also said it expects to spend $7 billion to $7.2 billion this year, below the $7.6 billion it spent in 2012.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video