EOG Resources has quarterly loss on big writedown
Feb 13 (Reuters) - EOG Resources Inc on Wednesday reported a quarterly loss compared with a year-ago profit, as it wrote down the value of Canadian natural gas assets.
The Houston company reported a fourth-quarter loss of $505 million, or $1.88 per share compared with a profit of $120.7 million, or 45 cents per share in the same period.
EOG also said it expects to spend $7 billion to $7.2 billion this year, below the $7.6 billion it spent in 2012.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap