Turkish Halkbank 2012 net profit rises 27 percent
ISTANBUL Feb 13 (Reuters) - Turkish lender Halkbank posted a net profit of 2.595 billion lira ($1.5 billion) last year, up 27 percent from a year earlier, it said on Friday.
In the fourth quarter, net profit rose to 742.2 million lira from 504 million lira a year earlier, exceeding a Reuters poll forecast of 708.5 million lira. ($1 = 1.7724 Turkish liras) (Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey man attacked and killed by black bear, police say
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website