Hospira swings to profit in fourth quarter as sales rise
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Injectable drug provider Hospira Inc on Wednesday reported a profit for the fourth quarter versus a year-earlier loss as its sales increased more than 8 percent.
Net income was $5.3 million, or 3 cents per share, in the latest quarter, compared with a net loss of $214.0 million, or $1.30 per share, in the year-earlier period.
Adjusted earnings were 55 cents per share. On that basis, analysts on average were expecting earnings per share of 54 cents.
Net sales jumped to $1.1 billion in the quarter from $1.0 billion a year before.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea