Hospira swings to profit in fourth quarter as sales rise
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Injectable drug provider Hospira Inc on Wednesday reported a profit for the fourth quarter versus a year-earlier loss as its sales increased more than 8 percent.
Net income was $5.3 million, or 3 cents per share, in the latest quarter, compared with a net loss of $214.0 million, or $1.30 per share, in the year-earlier period.
Adjusted earnings were 55 cents per share. On that basis, analysts on average were expecting earnings per share of 54 cents.
Net sales jumped to $1.1 billion in the quarter from $1.0 billion a year before.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets