Euro pares gains on media reports of ECB currency concerns
LONDON Feb 13 (Reuters) - The euro pared gains on Wednesday, coming off highs with traders citing a media report that the European Central Bank was worried euro strength would hurt a recovery in highly indebted euro zone states.
The euro dropped to around $1.3481 from $1.3511. However, it remained up more than 0.2 percent on the day, having earlier jumped above reported stop loss buy orders at $1.3500 to hit a high for the day of $1.3520.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB