US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St up modestly, extends recent rally
NEW YORK Feb 13 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened slightly higher on Wednesday, extending a recent advance that lifted benchmark indexes to multi-year highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.99 points, or 0.02 percent, at 14,021.69. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 2.88 points, or 0.19 percent, at 1,522.31. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 9.14 points, or 0.29 percent, at 3,195.63.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors