US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St up modestly, extends recent rally
NEW YORK Feb 13 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened slightly higher on Wednesday, extending a recent advance that lifted benchmark indexes to multi-year highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.99 points, or 0.02 percent, at 14,021.69. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 2.88 points, or 0.19 percent, at 1,522.31. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 9.14 points, or 0.29 percent, at 3,195.63.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea