UPDATE 1-Mexican retailers' same-store sales up 0.5 pct in Jan
MEXICO CITY Feb 13 (Reuters) - Mexico's retailers' association on Wednesday said sales at stores that have been open at least 12 months rose 0.5 percent in January from the same month last year.
ANTAD also said its members' total sales rose 5.3 percent from a year earlier.
The association, known as ANTAD, includes supermarket chains Walmex and Soriana as well as department stores.
Walmex said last week that its January same-store sales fell 0.3 percent from the year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter