Newfield Exploration to focus on its U.S. assets
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Newfield Exploration Co said on Wednesday it will seek strategic alternatives for its international offshore oil and gas production assets in Malaysia and China to focus on its U.S. assets.
"This action reflects the confidence we have in our domestic portfolio and the substantial opportunities we see across our liquids-rich domestic resource areas," Chief Executive Lee Boothby said in a statement.
Newfield, based in The Woodlands, Texas, has engaged Goldman Sachs and Co to advise it to explore strategic opportunities for those assets.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park