Coeur d'Alene Mines makes C$384 mln rival bid for Orko Silver
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp said it proposed to buy Orko Silver Corp for about C$384 million ($383 million), nearly two months after First Majestic Silver Corp made an offer for the company.
Orko said its board determined that Coeur's offer was a "superior proposal" to that of First Majestic.
Coeur proposes to pay C$2.70 per Orko share, a 26 percent premium to the stock's Tuesday close of C$2.14 on the Toronto Venture Exchange.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |