Coeur d'Alene Mines makes C$384 mln rival bid for Orko Silver
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp said it proposed to buy Orko Silver Corp for about C$384 million ($383 million), nearly two months after First Majestic Silver Corp made an offer for the company.
Orko said its board determined that Coeur's offer was a "superior proposal" to that of First Majestic.
Coeur proposes to pay C$2.70 per Orko share, a 26 percent premium to the stock's Tuesday close of C$2.14 on the Toronto Venture Exchange.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone