UPDATE 1-Magnitude 5.2 quake hits western Nevada, no injuries reported
(Adds that no damage or injury reported)
WASHINGTON Feb 12 (Reuters) - A magnitude 5.2 earthquake struck western Nevada on Tuesday, close to the California border, the U.S. Geological Survey said, and there was no immediate word of any injuries or significant damage.
The Geological Survey said the earthquake had a shallow depth of 4.4 miles (7 km) and was centered 16 miles (26 km) south of Tonopah Junction, Nevada, between Reno and Las Vegas.
An Esmeralda County Sheriff's office dispatcher said she was not aware of any injuries or damage from the quake.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |