UPDATE 1-Magnitude 5.2 quake hits western Nevada, no injuries reported
(Adds that no damage or injury reported)
WASHINGTON Feb 12 (Reuters) - A magnitude 5.2 earthquake struck western Nevada on Tuesday, close to the California border, the U.S. Geological Survey said, and there was no immediate word of any injuries or significant damage.
The Geological Survey said the earthquake had a shallow depth of 4.4 miles (7 km) and was centered 16 miles (26 km) south of Tonopah Junction, Nevada, between Reno and Las Vegas.
An Esmeralda County Sheriff's office dispatcher said she was not aware of any injuries or damage from the quake.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Dozens killed in fierce fighting in eastern Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak