Reckitt Benckiser beats earnings forecasts
LONDON Feb 13 (Reuters) - Britain's Reckitt Benckiser beat full-year earning expectations as the maker of Strepsils and Mucinex benefited from an unusually heavy U.S. cold and flu season in the final quarter.
Full-year adjusted earnings per share was 264.4 pence, compared to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S estimates of 246.8 pence and a company-supplied forecast of 249 pence.
An early and unusually intense flu season in North America has pushed up business for hospitals, pharmacies and the makers of tissues and cold remedies.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police