Reckitt Benckiser beats earnings forecasts
LONDON Feb 13 (Reuters) - Britain's Reckitt Benckiser beat full-year earning expectations as the maker of Strepsils and Mucinex benefited from an unusually heavy U.S. cold and flu season in the final quarter.
Full-year adjusted earnings per share was 264.4 pence, compared to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S estimates of 246.8 pence and a company-supplied forecast of 249 pence.
An early and unusually intense flu season in North America has pushed up business for hospitals, pharmacies and the makers of tissues and cold remedies.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |