SocGen CEO: No specific lawsuit behind provision
PARIS Feb 13 (Reuters) - Societe Generale Chief Executive Frederic Oudea said the bank had taken a 300 million euros legal provision as a general precaution rather than because of a specific lawsuit.
"There is no specific litigation," he told journalists.
SocGen has also begun repaying cheap LTRO funds borrowed from the European Central Bank, Oudea added. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote