SocGen CEO: No specific lawsuit behind provision
PARIS Feb 13 (Reuters) - Societe Generale Chief Executive Frederic Oudea said the bank had taken a 300 million euros legal provision as a general precaution rather than because of a specific lawsuit.
"There is no specific litigation," he told journalists.
SocGen has also begun repaying cheap LTRO funds borrowed from the European Central Bank, Oudea added. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq