SocGen CEO: No specific lawsuit behind provision
PARIS (Reuters) - Societe Generale Chief Executive Frederic Oudea said the bank had taken a 300 million euros legal provision as a general precaution rather than because of a specific lawsuit.
"There is no specific litigation," he told journalists.
SocGen has also begun repaying cheap LTRO funds borrowed from the European Central Bank, Oudea added.
(Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |