SocGen CEO: No specific lawsuit behind provision
PARIS (Reuters) - Societe Generale Chief Executive Frederic Oudea said the bank had taken a 300 million euros legal provision as a general precaution rather than because of a specific lawsuit.
"There is no specific litigation," he told journalists.
SocGen has also begun repaying cheap LTRO funds borrowed from the European Central Bank, Oudea added.
(Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections