SWAT team enters cabin where fugitive ex-LA cop holed up: CNN
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A SWAT team has entered the cabin where a gunman believed to be a fugitive former Los Angeles police officer was holed up on Tuesday, and smoke was seen rising from the area, CNN reported.
Separately, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon told a news conference that a sheriff's deputy had died of wounds he suffered during a shootout in the mountains above Los Angeles with the suspect.
(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Wall St. tumbles; S&P below 50-day moving average
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible |