White House wants Congress to create $2 bln green energy fund
WASHINGTON Feb 13 (Reuters) - The White House is asking lawmakers to create a $2 billion Energy Security Trust from federal oil and gas revenue to promote renewable energy, an official memo released on Wednesday said.
"This $2 billion investment will support research into a range of cost-effective technologies - like advanced vehicles that run on electricity, homegrown biofuels, and domestically produced natural gas - will be funded by revenue generated from federal oil and gas development," according to a White House memo explaining the initiative. (Reporting By Patrick Rucker; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push