Alpha Natural net loss narrows, but revenue slides
Feb 14 (Reuters) - Alpha Natural Resources Inc, a major U.S. coal producer, reported a narrower net loss on Thursday due to one-time items, but the company's adjusted loss widened and revenue dropped.
For the fourth quarter to Dec. 31, net loss was $128 million, or 58 cents a share, compared with a loss of $793 million, or $3.62, a year earlier. Revenue fell to $1.56 billion, from $2.07 billion.
Excluding an impairment and restructuring charges and other items, the adjusted loss was $41 million, or 19 cents a share, compared with a loss of $19 million, or 9 cents a share.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |