Blackstone largely sticks with SAC Capital, gets better terms
Feb 14 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group, one of the world's most powerful hedge fund investors, is largely sticking with Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors but has negotiated more favorable liquidity terms, spokesman Peter Rose said in a statement.
The news came on the day investors had to notify Cohen's $14 billion fund whether they were sticking with him or leaving as the firm faces heightened scrutiny in the government's insider trading investigation.
Sources said Blackstone had roughly $550 million invested with SAC, making it the largest outside investor in Cohen's fund.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House