BorgWarner quarterly net earnings fall
Feb 14 (Reuters) - BorgWarner Inc, which makes automotive turbochargers and emissions systems, reported lower quarterly results as sales in its engine segment declined 6 percent due to weakness in Europe.
The company reported fourth-quarter net income of $121.2 million attributable to its shareholders, down from $127.5 million a year earlier.
However, based on a lower share count, earnings per share rose to $1.03 from $1.00 a year ago.
Revenue fell 3 percent to $1.72 billion.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad