Cenovus reports fourth-quarter loss on impairment charge
Feb 14 (Reuters) - Cenovus Energy Inc, a Canadian oil sands producer, reported a loss for the fourth-quarter mainly on an impairment charge related to its natural gas assets.
Net loss was C$118 million ($117.7 million), or 16 Canadian cents per share, compared with a net profit of C$266 million, or 35 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Operating loss, which exclude most one-time and unusual items, was C$189 million, or 25 Canadian cents per share.
The company recorded a C$393 million non-cash goodwill impairment in the quarter.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’