Egypt central bank offers $40 mln at forex auction
CAIRO Feb 14 (Reuters) - The Egyptian central bank offered to sell $40 million at an auction of foreign currency on Thursday - the same amount it offered at two other auctions held earlier this week.
It is the 22nd such auction since the central bank introduced the sales as part of an effort to avoid a currency crisis triggered by a run on the Egyptian pound.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |