Egypt central bank offers $40 mln at forex auction
CAIRO Feb 14 (Reuters) - The Egyptian central bank offered to sell $40 million at an auction of foreign currency on Thursday - the same amount it offered at two other auctions held earlier this week.
It is the 22nd such auction since the central bank introduced the sales as part of an effort to avoid a currency crisis triggered by a run on the Egyptian pound.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight