Egypt central bank offers $40 mln at forex auction
CAIRO Feb 14 (Reuters) - The Egyptian central bank offered to sell $40 million at an auction of foreign currency on Thursday - the same amount it offered at two other auctions held earlier this week.
It is the 22nd such auction since the central bank introduced the sales as part of an effort to avoid a currency crisis triggered by a run on the Egyptian pound.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy