Egypt PM expects IMF visit this month
CAIRO Feb 14 (Reuters) - Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil said on Thursday he expected an International Monetary Fund team to visit this month for talks on a loan agreement seen as vital to supporting the country's economy.
Asked when the IMF mission would return to resume talks on the $4.8 billion loan, Kandil said: "Within this month, God willing." Egypt concluded an initial agreement for the loan in November but in December postponed final ratification because of political unrest.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data