Greek unemployment hits new record of 27 pct in November
ATHENS Feb 14 (Reuters) - Greece's jobless rate scaled a new record of 27.0 percent in November from a revised 26.6 percent in October, the country's statistics service ELSTAT said on Thursday.
Greek unemployment was more than double the euro zone's average rate of 11.7 percent in November as a crippling, austerity-fuelled recession continued to take its toll on the labour market.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East