Greek unemployment hits new record of 27 pct in November
ATHENS Feb 14 (Reuters) - Greece's jobless rate scaled a new record of 27.0 percent in November from a revised 26.6 percent in October, the country's statistics service ELSTAT said on Thursday.
Greek unemployment was more than double the euro zone's average rate of 11.7 percent in November as a crippling, austerity-fuelled recession continued to take its toll on the labour market.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets