Icahn says he owns 14 million shares in Herbalife
NEW YORK Feb 14 (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Carl Icahn said on Thursday that he now owns 14 million shares in weight loss and vitamin company Herbalife Ltd. taking on hedge fund manager William Ackman, who is shorting the stock.
Icahn made the announcement in a regulatory filing on Thursday which finally confirms speculation that the corporate raider had taken a position in the company.
Icahn now owns 12.98 percent of the company.
In late January, Icahn tussled on cable television with Ackman, telling him to be ready for the "mother of all short squeezes."
- Gunman killed, three students shot in Florida university library |
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds
- Special Report: Crimean savers ask: Where's our money?